Technology is transforming the way people approach towards education. It empowers the students in every stage of their journey. These days, technology is all set with personalized learning methods and preparing the students for their digital future. With the successful integration of technology into classrooms, students develop a desire for learning. With more access to resources apart from the classroom walls, students get inspired to turn out to be critical thinkers, problem-solvers, and creative associates.
What is Technology?
The word ‘Technology’ refers to the developments in the methods and the tools we deploy to resolve the issues or to accomplish an objective. Technology can be anything from using presentation software, conferencing tools, high-tech tablets or even collaboration tools. The newest technologies allow you to try things in virtual classrooms that were not possible a few years back.
Why Teach with Technology?
Educators always strive to come up with innovative and personalized learning ideas for students. Technology helps the teachers to create a combined learning environment and make use of the digital tools to bring a new standard for learning and teaching in the classrooms. In the 21st century, skills in programming, coding and computational thinking have become a common requirement among the workforce. Research studies mention that infusing technology in education and the right technical device in the hands of the students will help them prepare for a better career and become successful in the future.
How Can Technology Turn Out To Be Valuable?
- The Presentation software supports the instructors to add in high-resolution images, videos, charts, and even audio files to enhance the lecture content.
- Making use of tablets also helps with the learning for the students, as it can be linked to projectors or even the cloud, so that the students can communicate through text or drawings.
- There are many Course management tools available online to organize all the required resources for the students in a class. These tools also have grading tools that create spaces for discussion, sharing documents, and audio and video commentary.
- The Lecture recording tools allow the teachers to record the lectures directly from their computer without the need for any additional equipment. The students can even re-watch them again for any clarifications.
- Students and instructors can share documents online with the help of various online collaboration tools. They can also edit them and project them on the screen in real-time. This is a collaborative platform to brainstorm ideas on various topics and document the work with text and images.
On the whole, the educators must be properly trained and supported with the professional learning tools to create a sustainable impact on the success of the students.
A. Minds Online with Michelle Miller < https://teachinginhighered.com/podcast/minds-online/# >.
B. Reimagining Higher Education in the Changing World < https://link.medium.com/gpwlXFRlR3 >.
C. Educational Technology in Higher Education < https://educationaltechnologyjournal.springeropen.com/ >.
D. Educational Technology Courses < https://www.edx.org/learn/educational-technology >.
- What Are Positive Emotions In Positive Psychology? - April 29, 2020
- #SEMrush For Ecommerce: Spy And Outgrow Your Competitors - March 9, 2020
- Importance of Sharing Knowledge with Digital Tools that Shape a Better Future for Web 4.0 Revolution! - February 22, 2020