One of the keys to success in any business is planning. All of the SEO knowledge in the world will not benefit your business unless you use it to develop a customized SEO marketing strategy for your company.
There are many elements of SEO, but by breaking them down into categories, you can begin to set priorities and decide how much time should go into each one.
Enhancing Your Website
Your first step is to make sure that everything on your website does exactly what it is supposed to do in the most user-friendly way possible.
- Navigation: Nothing is as frustrating to customers as being unable to figure out how to get around your site. Focus on making it easy to find more information about your product or services, to make purchases, to contact customer support, and to sign up for blog updates or a newsletter if your business has one.
- General Maintenance: Old links go down, glitches pop up, a slight change in coding shifts all of your icons to the left — these problems occur on every website. Taking care of these issues as efficiently as possible should be a high priority.
Once your website is ready, the next step in your SEO marketing strategy should be keyword research. How are your customers finding you? Which search-engine terms are currently providing the most traffic?
- Google tools: Google has several free tools that can give you information about which keywords you should be targeting. Google Trends gives you a history of how many people search each term that you enter. By comparing variations of keywords within your scope, you can decide which should be your primary focus. Google AdWords breaks this down even further by showing you global monthly searches, local monthly searches, and how much competition over each keyword you have from other websites.
- Making the most of your keywords: If you study search engine algorithms, you know that it is not enough to simply load your website with relevant keywords. They must be used at natural percentages throughout your pages. Using them in headers and links (when relevant) also boosts your search engine ranking.
- Paid advertisements: Want to target a specific keyword? Websites like Google and Yahoo allow you to pay for them to advertise your website when people search for the keywords you choose.
Your website looks great. Your keywords are meticulously researched and written into your pages. The next step in your SEO marketing strategy is using social media to encourage potential customers to stay on your website and share it with others.
- Creating your voice: Social media marketing is where you really create the voice of your brand. The way that you choose to present yourself and even the types of social media sites that you target will all draw certain types of customers. Make sure that your business’s voice connects well with your audience.
- Generating links: Link building is a crucial part of any SEO marketing strategy. Use social media to encourage people to share links to your site with their networks in order to generate inbound links for your website.
- Consistent presence: With social media, it is not enough to just have a Facebook page. Use it to regularly interact with customers and give interesting updates on how your business is working to provide them with services they can use.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- How Does Technology Improve Teaching? - February 6, 2020
- Importance of Workplace Discourse in an Organization - January 24, 2020
- Performance Marketing Automation Tools to Use in 2020 - January 21, 2020