One of the ways that search engines determine the validity of a website is by tracking which sites link to it. The higher the relevancy and clout of the sites that drive traffic to your website, the more they raise your search engine ranking.
No matter how streamlined, keyword-rich and user-friendly your website is, if people within your field are not recommending you to their visitors, search engines will assume that what your business offers is not relevant to what people want.
Off-page, SEO is crucial to developing a website’s online presence and to push it up to one of the coveted first-page spots in searches. Below are some ways to develop links to your site on outside pages.
In order to build your off page SEO, you must find people to link to your website. Ideally, these will be signing people in your industry, such as bloggers who review products and services that you offer. There are several ways to encourage them to link to one of your pages.
- Offer to do guest posts: If the website you are reaching out to accepts guest writers, offer to write a post for them covering a development or analysis of your common industry. The owner of the site will likely introduce you and provide his or her visitors with links to your website before and after the article once it is posted. This gives potential customers a glimpse into your business and offers them a reason to follow a link to your site, thus strengthening your off page SEO.
- Invite others to do guest posts: The previous technique also works well in reverse. Find someone who is respected in your industry and who is not already inundated with requests and ask them to write a guest article for your website. This is an excellent way to share audiences and create a crossover, especially if the guest writer works in a different but still relevant part of the industry.
- Cast a wide net: Do not be satisfied with one or two sites linking back to your business. Volume matters. Even if your links are not from websites with high rankings themselves, having a large number of them tells search engines that are a large audience finds your website successful enough to recommend to others. Search engine algorithms aim to quantify how people find what they need, and off page SEO essentially mimics personal recommendations in the non-digital world. Many people recommending a product often holds just as much weight as one significant person endorsing it.
Some marketing services will offer to boost your off-page SEO by posting spam links to your website in the comments pages of other websites. However, Google constantly updates its search engines and has long since become wise to this practice. It may be tempting to try shortcuts like these, but the penalties that Google metes out for this will make your ranking plummet until you remove all of the offending links. The best way to develop a consistently high search engine ranking is still to have a user-friendly website, relevant information that is engaging to read and a network of links from quality sites so that search engines know that your website contains what customers are trying to find.
With so many dynamic tools available to you, it would be a waste of your resources not to develop your off page SEO. The internet provides amazing new networking opportunities. Take advantage of them!
References:[Searchmetrics] Glossary – Off-Page Optimization < https://www.searchmetrics.com/glossary/offpage-optimization/ >.
[Econsultancy] What is off-page SEO and how can you use it? < https://econsultancy.com/blog/65137-what-is-off-page-seo-and-how-can-you-use-it/ >.
[Ahrefs] Off-Page SEO: What It Is and How to Crack It < https://ahrefs.com/blog/off-page-seo/ >.
[Neil Patel] The Ultimate Guide to Off-Page SEO < https://neilpatel.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-off-page-seo/ >.
- The Most Wanted Cloud Business Phone System by CEO’s - May 29, 2020
- What Are Positive Emotions In Positive Psychology? - April 29, 2020
- #SEMrush For Ecommerce: Spy And Outgrow Your Competitors - March 9, 2020